Coming to you from Los Angeles by way of South Louisiana, Rod Melancon is making some noise in the Americana world.
- “[Rod Melancon] is a story teller, and whether those stories are late night, coal-mine dark or Saturday sunny summertime barn dance bright, he delivers them with true authority.” —Paul Zollo, American Songwriter
- “Bursting forth with a sound salvaged from the cutting room floor of a long lost session of the million dollar quartet at Sun Studios, PARISH LINES from Rod Melancon isn’t retro; it’s the real deal.” —Rick J. Bowen, Innocent Words
- “Merci! Rod is a musical gem. I love it!” —Mike Penard, Radio ISA
- “This record is smoky and full-bodied like a warming gulp of whiskey, and there’s no doubt that everyone will know Rod Melancon’s name before long.” —Maeri Ferguson, The Horn
- “PARISH LINES delivers a powerful punch, melding rocknroll with country and just a pinch of cajun spice. BAM!” —The Lost DJ, Americana Music Times
- “Somehow Rod has the direct line to the well of souls.” —Suzanne O’Keeffe, The Huffington Post
- “Rod Melancon has a pure and honest songwriting style that reflects an admiration for greats like Cash and Springsteen, with the classic swagger of Elvis.” —Tom Gilbert, Guitar World
PARISH LINES was released in March 2014 on Medina River Records, and it’s getting great reviews and airplay all over the country. Well, all over the world, really. Sirius/XM’s Outlaw Country even has a couple of the songs in their rotation!
We’re pretty stoked about it. Sometimes we even shoot photos of the songs on Outlaw Country … when we can do it without causing a major wreck, that is.
We’re planning a tour for the summer/fall, so we hope to see you out there at the clubs or coffee shops or whoever will have us.
Details are still being worked out, so let us know if you’d like to see us at a venue near you.